Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)
Position Title: Finance Officer
Location/Duty Station: Baidoa
Announcing Date: 09th December 2023
Closing Date: 22th December 2023
Commitment to Diversity
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.
Submission Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit, non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa, Southwest state with an aim of reaching out to the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions, lower Shebelle, Gedo, Galmudug and Banadir region. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO). The organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager will processing payment of vendors financial accounts payable, funds receiving and recording in books of accounts and entering all financial expenditure and funds received in QuickBooks.
- Financial Management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of adequate systems to facilitate accurate recording and Reporting of all financial data.
- Provide financial management support for organization headquarter and all field offices.
- Reporting and Analysis
- Provide financial reports in accurate and timely manner
- Prepare Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare Ad hoc Reports as needed
- Responsible for responding to donors’ enquiries and monthly audit findings and following conversations with other departments in question and in accordance with GREDO policies and donor’s compliance.
- Maintain orderly and comprehensive filing systems (both in paper and computerized forms)
- Assist in development of project budgets
- Ensure That Costing is Accurate and Realistic
- Review payment vouchers against budget line item to ensure line items have funds available to charge.
- Banking and Cash Management
- Write all GREDO cheque’s and ensure that Cheque amount matches with approved payment voucher.
- Manage the reconciliation of bank accounts on monthly basis
- Prepare monthly funds transfer requests
- Monitor bank account balances and the transfer of funds between accounts and to field offices
- Liaise with bank(s) to ensure that branch bank mandates are current and up to date.
- Oversee Petty Cash Disbursements and Reconciliations.
- Conduct surprise cash counts on petty cash fund.
- Accounts payables
- Monitor accounts payables, and follow-ups with logistics and other relevant departments on procurement for timely processing of payments.
- Process payments on regular basis
- Prepare monthly accrual journals
- Undertake account reconciliations, including with various balance sheet accounts
- Post transactions data and ensure is properly entered into QuickBooks as soon payment is completed, in accordance with GREDO financial rules and practices, and maintain accurate records of QuickBooks entries including hard copies of all vouchers and supporting documentations.
- Investigate any unexpected items
- Assist with the audit of annual and project financial statements.
- Business Processes
- Maintain and update documentation on key business processes.
- Suggest improvements to financial systems, and/or procedures to the Finance Coordinator/Manager as required.
- Develop and Implement changes to systems or procedures on request.
- General duties
- Conduct and document quarterly stock physical count and report to management if any variances found.
- Assist with other financial or administrative tasks if required.
- Supervise and train junior finance staff on GREDO financial policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business administration (finance or Accounting option) from a recognized university.
3-4 years’ progressive experience in professional accounting and financial management
Core Values and Critical Competencies
o Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
o Voluntarism Sustainability Management performance for success.
o Commitment Excellence Diversity
o Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team mobilizing
o Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
o Adaptability Negotiation Conflict management
How to apply
Applicants who are interested and qualified with the required experience are invited to submit their cover letter with curriculum vitae (CV) to this address: email@example.com by latest on 22th December 2023
NB: CV and application letter must include also please indicate the title of the position in the subject line. Applicants must provide at least three referees; two of them must be their current and previous supervisor.
Safeguarding our staff and communities is our prio
OfficeBaidoa – Adada Area – Off Mogadishu Main Road