MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND IRRIGATIONS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Name of the Project: Somalia Food Systems Resilience Project (S-FSRP) Assignment Title: Jubbaland FSRP Procurement Specialist
Project ID: P177816
Deadline Date: 20th Feb 2024
Ref No. SO-MOAI-379650-CS-INDV
The Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) is part of a regional initiative by the World Bank to provide a comprehensive framework for intervention at both the national and regional levels. This Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) aims to tackle the underlying structural challenges of food insecurity and reduce beneficiaries’ vulnerability to unpredictable climate, crisis, and conflict events. It seeks to achieve this by rejuvenating Somalia’s agri-livestock research institutions, seed systems, and extension services and developing community institutions that can anchor adaptation of climate-smart agri-livestock practices, strengthening the availability of water and improved rangelands management for resilient agriculture and livestock production; support animal health services, enhancing the integration of the production systems to domestic and regional markets, with appropriate investments in food safety and value addition, and establishing an enabling policy and institutional framework at a sub-national, national and regional level capable of supporting food systems resilience for Somalia.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) for Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) will be ‘to increase preparedness against food insecurity and improve the resilience of food systems in targeted project areas of Somalia. Progress toward the PDO will be measured using five PDO indicators and intermediate indicators. All relevant indicators will be disaggregated by gender (men and women) and age (youth and adult). The five indicators.
The Jubbaland State of Somalia is establishing a core multi-sectoral Project Implementation Unit (PIU) supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. The role of the PIU is to support the management, coordination, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of project activities. The PIU will be staffed with the following positions: State Project Coordinator, Finance Management Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Safeguards Specialist, M&E Specialist, and other technical Agricultural and Livestock specialists.
(1) Objectives of the Assignment
Reporting to the State Project Coordinator (SPC), the State Procurement Specialist (SPS) will be a member of the PIU responsible for overseeing the preparation and execution of the project procurement plans to support project operations effectively, ensuring strict adherence to World Bank Procurement Regulations and FGS procurement guidelines.
S/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) found at somalijobs.net, southwestjobs.so hiiraan.com can be provided upon application submission (in person or by email to the address below).
3. The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from the start date. 4. Selection Criteria
- Master’s degree in commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Public Administration, Business administration Accounting, or any other related field from a recognized university. A master’s degree or professional qualification in Procurement/Supplies Management (final examination of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or equivalent) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience, including broad expertise in public or private sector procurement management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing procurement actions according to international organizations’ guidelines, such as the World Bank, African Development Bank, the United Nations, etc., for procurement of goods, works, and services.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing tender and contract documents for national competitive bidding will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a similar environment to that of Somalia.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation at Jubbaland now invites eligible consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8. Interested Consultants may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except for public holidays.
9. Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in writing to the address below (in person or by e-mail) marked with the subject title of the position by 20th Feb 2024
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigations
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com