MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
M & E Officer
M & E Manager
Deadline date of the application
Rural education and Agriculture development organization (READO) is a local humanitarian organization based in Somalia; it was established in 2008 to engage against the impact of poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable livelihoods and Sustainable Human Development (SHD). The mandate includes poverty eradication, employment, and sustainable livelihoods in Somalia; READO has put in place livelihoods support mechanisms for urban internal displacement people (IDPs), and Host community’s “vocational Skill Training.” In both remote rural areas and urban.
READO is working to promote a peace promotional program, Economic and motivating the agro-pastoralists in their field to result in a good production, which can eliminate poverty and hunger, reduce dropouts (for both boys and girls), and improve learning outcomes for all. READO is implementing a livelihood project in Baidoa District and seeking dedicated agronomists capable of contributing to the achievement of the livelihood project and improving equitable access to Education on life skill training. The project’s purpose is to provide Agricultural input distribution to enhance the quality of education and ensure the project’s sustainability.
The monitoring and evaluation officer (M&E officer) Under the technical supervision of the M&E Manager, the M&E Officer works in close collaboration with program/M&E teams to optimize monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning capacities and opportunities of the READO mission in Somalia/Baidoa to ensure impactful programs and services are delivered, focus on raising program quality through giving clients greater influence over program design and delivery, better-using research, and other evidence, powering decisions with data, and more agile and impactful, outcomes-focused program design. This position will support these commitments and the READO’s Data, Research & Evidence Objectives by monitoring and evaluating multi-office projects and strategic initiatives, conducting needs assessments, providing M&E technical assistance as requested, and supporting M&E capacity building. The M&E Officer also oversees, leads, and implements MEAL activities of client feedback channels, managing and following up proactive and reactive client calls and conducting and leading client satisfaction surveys with the M&E team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities in full coordination with project staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring the project baseline is planned, coordinated, and implemented as scheduled.
- For assigned projects, help implement the M&E system (comprehensive log frame, M&E plan, indicator tracking table, data collection tools, information flow, reporting, and review) consistent with READO guidelines and in accordance with specific donor requirements.
- Ensuring appropriate data collection and reporting tools are developed and used, monitoring incorporates and considers aspects at the output, process, context, and outcome levels for assigned projects.
- Ensuring regular updates of the beneficiary database.
- Supporting the project teams in preparations of donor reporting by providing information coming from monitoring fields and data collection from field staff in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that project has a system to track information produced to help report to donors and management.
- Helping develop a responsive, functional, and appropriate feedback mechanism can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
- Preparing monthly M&E plans and corresponding reports covering work completed for the period under review and ensuring that key performance indicators are captured.
- Review monthly and periodic reports produced by projects to ensure compliance with recommended M&E guidelines, formats, and programming standards
- Design, conduct, and report on post-distribution, implementation, monitoring, end to end verification surveys as required by projects.
- Ensuring adherence to SPHERE by Integrating a rights-based approach, gender and diversity perspective in all monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities.
- Implementing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in development studies, international development, or any other relevant social sciences discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, responsible for implementing monitoring and evaluation activities of development projects in an international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating a project monitoring and evaluation systems from project initiation to closeout stages is essential
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies is essential.
- Preferred working knowledge of advanced statistical packages (SPSS, EPI-info, STATA, Excel, etc…)
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans, is considered an advantage
- Experience in planning and managing surveys on the behavioral impact of programs implemented is an added advantage.
- Leads strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting; guides the formulation and monitoring of projects.
- Builds strong relationships with project partners and focuses on impact and results.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking capabilities with an ability to rapidly assess situational needs, develop problem-solving strategies, and identify solutions.
- Strong relationship-building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product—including Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Comfort working and collaborating in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Teams
How to apply
Send an application letter, including your Personal Data and supporting documents, via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; please visit www.readosom.org. Not later than 18th Dec 2023 would be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.