FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND IRRIGATION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Food Systems Resilience Project (S-FSRP) Assignment Title: National Financial Specialist
Project ID: P177816
Deadline Date: 16th Sept 2023
Ref No. SO-MOAI-375950-CS-INDV
The Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) is part of a regional initiative by the World Bank to provide a comprehensive framework to intervene at both the national and regional levels. This Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) aims to tackle the underlying structural challenges of food insecurity and reduce beneficiaries’ vulnerability to unpredictable climate, crisis, and conflict events. It seeks to achieve this by rejuvenating Somalia’s agri- livestock research institutions, seed systems, and extension services and developing community institutions that can anchor adaptation of climate-smart agri-livestock practices, strengthening the availability of water and improved rangelands management for resilient agriculture and livestock production; support animal health services, enhancing the integration of the production systems to domestic and regional markets, with appropriate investments in food safety and value addition, and establishing an enabling policy and institutional framework at a sub-national, national and regional level capable of supporting food systems resilience for Somalia.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) for Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) will be ‘to increase preparedness against food insecurity and improve the resilience of food systems in targeted project areas of Somalia. Progress toward the PDO will be measured using five PDO indicators and intermediate indicators. All relevant indicators will be disaggregated by gender (men and women) and age (youth and adult). The five indicators are.
The Government of Somalia is establishing a core multi-sectoral National Project Coordination Unit (NPCU) supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. The role of the NPCU is to support the management, coordination, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation of project activities. The NPCU will be staffed with the following positions: – National Project Coordinator, Finance Management Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Project Internal Auditor, Safeguards Specialists, M&E Specialist, and other technical Agricultural and Livestock specialists.
2. Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Reporting to the National Project Coordinator (NPC), the NFMS will be responsible for managing project finances in accordance with the requirements of the Financing Agreement and related documents (Project Implementation Manual, Procurement and Financial Management Manual, etc.), including verifying the availability of funds against approved work plans and budgets (AWPBs) and all expenditure requests before payments are made. He/she provides leadership to the Project Finance Team and is a member of the management team of the NPCU, supporting the NPC in the overall coordination and management of the Project.
S/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) that can be found at the following https://moa.gov.so or can be provided upon submission of the application (in person or by email to the address below)
3. The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from the start date. 4. Selection Criteria
This senior management position requires a solid financial management professional of unquestionable integrity. The right candidate will be a team player with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field from a recognized university plus professional accounting qualification from a recognized professional body, e.g., ACCA, CPA, etc;
- 8-10 years of working experience in Accounting and Finance
- Familiarity with financial management/accounting in a government ministry/department and donor-fundedprojects. Familiarity with the World Bank Accounting Guidelines will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems such as QUICKBOOKS, PASTEL, etc;
- Good working knowledge of accounting, financial control, banking, procurement, and personnel policies andprocedures.
5. The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation Federal of Somalia now invites eligible consulting(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8. Interested Consultants may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except for public holidays.
9. Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written to the address below (in person or by e-mail) marked with the subject title of the position by 16th Sept 2023.
Attention: Project Coordination Unit FSRP Project
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigations Federal Government of Somalia Hodan District
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org