FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND IRRIGATION
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Food Systems Resilience Project (S-FSRP) Assignment Title: National GBV Specialist
Project ID: P177816
Deadline Date: 16th Sept 2023
Ref No. SO-MOAI-375951-CS-INDV
The Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) is part of a regional initiative by the World Bank to provide a comprehensive framework to intervene at both the national and regional levels. This Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) aims to tackle the underlying structural challenges of food insecurity and reduce beneficiaries’ vulnerability to unpredictable climate, crisis, and conflict events. It seeks to achieve this by rejuvenating Somalia’s agri- livestock research institutions, seed systems, and extension services and developing community institutions that can anchor adaptation of climate-smart agri-livestock practices, strengthening the availability of water and improved rangelands management for resilient agriculture and livestock production; support animal health services, enhancing the integration of the production systems to domestic and regional markets, with appropriate investments in food safety and value addition, and establishing an enabling policy and institutional framework at a sub-national, national and regional level capable of supporting food systems resilience for Somalia.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) for Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) will be ‘to increase preparedness against food insecurity and improve the resilience of food systems in targeted project areas of Somalia. Progress toward the PDO will be measured using five PDO indicators and intermediate indicators. All relevant indicators will be disaggregated by gender (men and women) and age (youth and adult). The five indicators are.
The Government of Somalia is establishing a core multi-sectoral National Project Coordination Unit (NPCU) supervised by the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. The role of the NPCU is to support the management, coordination, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation of project activities. The NPCU will be staffed with the following
positions: – National Project Coordinator, Finance Management Specialist, Procurement Specialist, Project Internal Auditor, Safeguards Specialists, M&E Specialist, and other technical Agricultural and Livestock specialists.
Responsible for supporting the inclusion of women in project activities, but also supporting the preparation of the Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Action Plan and ensuring its implementation and monitoring of GBV risk management efforts throughout the Project. Providing technical assistance to the PIUs setting up/improving the project Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRMs) to ensure it is equipped to handle GBV issues. Providing quality assurance of community engagement activities to ensure women’s participation and voice in project implementation. Ensuring training is undertaken by all project workers and Codes of Conduct are signed and understood. Providing safe, confidential, and survivor-centered response services are available to enable care for any affected parties.
2. Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Reporting to the National Project Coordinator (NPC), The National GBV Specialist will ensure that all FSRP activities are implemented per the Social Safeguard Frameworks laid out for the Project. The general objective of this position will be to support GBV Risk Management Requirements, including additional identification, prevention, risk mitigation, and response to GBV risks, including SEA/SH, related to project implementation.
S/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) that can be found at the following https://moa.gov.so or can be provided upon submission of the application (in person or by email to the address below)
3. The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from the start date.
4. Selection Criteria
The selection shall be based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and skills, followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience, and competencies include:
- Post-secondary university degree in social sciences, law, project management, or any other similar discipline.
- At least 5-8 years of overall professional experience.
- At least three years of experience in supervising GBV prevention and response activities.
- At least three years experience in conducting awareness campaigns on women’s rights, gender equality, GBV,and reproductive health is considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the guiding and ethical principles that govern work with survivors of GBV and goodpractices in the implementation of activities to prevent and address GBV.
- Basic knowledge of the World Bank’s environmental and social safeguard policies.
- Excellent command of Somali and strong ability to write reports.
- Knowledge of an additional language (English) would be an asset; and
- Good command of IT tools (word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, Intranet, etc.).
5. The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation Federal of Somalia now invites eligible consulting(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8. Interested Consultants may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except for public holidays.
9. Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written to the address below (in person or by e-mail) marked with the subject title of the position by 16th Sept 2023.
Attention: Project Coordination Unit FSRP Project
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigations Federal Government of Somalia Hodan District
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org