FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA MINISTRY OF LIVESTOCK FOREST AND RANGE (MOLFR)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Food Systems Resilience Project (S-FSRP)
Assignment Title: National Livestock Production Specialist (NLPS)
Project ID: P177816
Deadline Date: 24th Nov 2023
Ref No. SO-MOAI-379705-CS-INDV
The Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) is part of a regional initiative by the World Bank to provide a comprehensive framework to intervene at both the national and regional levels. This Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) aims to tackle the underlying structural challenges of food insecurity and reduce beneficiaries’ vulnerability to unpredictable climate, crisis, and conflict events. It seeks to achieve this by rejuvenating Somalia’s agri- livestock research institutions, seed systems, and extension services and developing community institutions that can anchor adaptation of climate-smart agri-livestock practices, strengthening the availability of water and improved rangelands management for resilient agriculture and livestock production; support animal health services, enhancing the integration of the production systems to domestic and regional markets, with appropriate investments in food safety and value addition, and establishing an enabling policy and institutional framework at a sub-national, national and regional level capable of supporting food systems resilience for Somalia.
The Project Development Objective (PDO) for Somalia Food Systems Resilience Program (FSRP) will be ‘to increase preparedness against food insecurity and improve the resilience of food systems in targeted project areas of Somalia. Progress toward the PDO will be measured using five PDO indicators and intermediate indicators. All relevant indicators will be disaggregated by gender (men and women) and age (youth and adult). The five indicators are.
A Quality Enhancement Implementation Support Team has developed a web-based Management Information System (MIS) to enable real-time data loading and monitoring. These data must be updated to help management make informed decisions and know how the project is progressing on financial utilization and development objectives.
2. Scope of Work and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director General from the Ministry of Livestock Forest and Range at the Federal Government of Somalia and National Project Coordinator (NPC), The National Livestock Production Specialist (NLPS) position will be a full-time contracted staff position assigned to the Federal Ministry of Livestock, Forest, and Range of Somalia. The National Livestock Production Specialist (NLPS) will be responsible for the implementation of the environmental risk management of the Project and will provide technical expertise and capacity-building support at FGS and FMS levels.
More generally, the National Livestock Production Specialist (NLPS) will ensure that all livestock diseases and impacts are monitored and mitigated and that livestock diseases and surveillance are implemented on time.
This senior management position requires a results-oriented professional committed to community-driven approaches for empowering communities and producer organizations through livestock advisory services to realize their development goals. The right candidate will be a good team player with the following qualifications:
- The candidate must have an advanced university degree in Veterinary medicine, animal production, animal science, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management, preferably in Somalia, of which at least two years should be in animal production, animal health, feed/fodder production management, and experience working with pastoral and Agro-pastoral communities.
- Experience in preparing animal health and animal production guidelines project manuals related to fodder bank establishment and management, household and commercial fodder production and management, fodder value chain development and analysis, and community-driven rangelands management.
- Solid understanding of pastoral and Agro-pastoral production systems and dryland resources management practices and approaches.
- Experience in training delivery and policy development.
- Experience working with MoLFR is preferred.
- Practical experience designing and implementing results management, monitoring and evaluation systems, data collection and analysis, and results reporting.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Somali.
- Good analytical and technical report-writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the Internet.
S/he will undertake all the other specific tasks detailed in the Terms of Reference (ToR) that can be found at the following: https://molfr.gov.so or can be provided upon submission of the application.
3. The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from the start date. 4. Selection Criteria
5. The Ministry of Livestock Forest and Range of Federal Government of Somalianow invites eligible consulting(“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and
Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
8. Interested Consultants may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except for public holidays.
9. Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in writing to the address below (in person or by e-mail) marked with the subject title of the position by 24th Nov 2023
Attention: Project Coordination Unit FSRP Project
Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigations Federal Government of Somalia Hodan District
Email Address: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org