|Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)
|22nd November 2023
|2nd December 2023
|Commitment to Diversity
|GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay, Bakool, Gedo, lower Shebelle and Galmudug effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
Primary purpose of the position:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination and management of Nabadgelinta Somalia Social and Behavior Change Component project. The position will report to the Director of Programs on project deliverables and in compliance with Donor IoM, (EAI) and GREDO guidelines. He/She will also closely collaborate with other staff and will contribute as required to the development and implementation of “Nabadeynta” to support the implementation of a security and justice transformation – Nabadgelinta Soomaaliya through the promotion of equitable participation in security and justice, ideally with a focus on utilizing social and behavior change approaches. Similarly, the project addressing sensitive issues including Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and land in the context of security and justice in Somalia.
Project Coordination and management
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the government institutions at National and Federal Member States of Somalia level and in close collaboration with SWS-designated line ministries for this project.
- Lead the execution of the project per the approved project proposal and manage the day-to-day activities of the project, coordinating among others, Project coordinators, long and short-term consultants.
- Mobilize, under the guidance of “Nabadeynta” Project stakeholders to be engaged in project implementation.
- Establish relationships with relevant government and non-government actors such as organizations dealing with Peacebuilding, Reconciliation, and Governance.
- Ensure implementation of “Nabadeynta” project activities are coordinated among national actors (government, private sector, academia and research institutions) and other regional and international organizations based in the country – to take advantage of synergies and linkages among agencies and to avoid duplication of efforts and inefficiencies in resource use.
- Facilitate policy-level engagements with support from Government Institutions and CSO actors.
- Establish synergies with other ongoing GREDO projects.
- Work with Women Led organizations, CSOs and the Ministry of Women and Human Rights to ensure gender and social mainstreaming in all “Nabadeynta” Project outputs.
- Prepare annual work plans and budgets for effective implementation of the project and follow them accordingly.
- Work with Operations and Administration to seek administrative, logistics and financial support to project activities.
- Support the establishment of the Project Technical Steering Committee and the Organization of its meetings.
- Lead/contribute to the facilitation of stakeholders’ consultation workshops and writing workshops reports.
- Lead/contribute to the capacity building activities of the project.
- Lead the enhancement of the knowledge sharing platform, including engagement with relevant stakeholders, and conducting consultation workshops.
- Contribute and support the implementation of the project output.
- Lead/contribute to writing the technical reports.
Project Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation.
- Prepare and submit monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annual and Annual project implementation progress updates.
- Coordinate project evaluation and audit when requested whenever necessary with MEAL and Finance teams respectively.
- Lead, mentor and provide technical guidance to the coordinators
- Provide capacity building and day-to-day coaching on program management to project staff.
- Other leadership and management tasks are explained in a general Management ToR that applies all GREDO supervisors and leaders.
Accountability, Safeguarding and CRM
- Ensure quality and accountability in Project and support GREDO accountability mechanism including the roll-out of CRM on the project
- Champion safeguarding practices across GREDO country program.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of project teams on safeguarding.
- Minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited university in Political Science, Human Rights, International Law, International Relations, Public Administration, or related field and/or a specialization in Governance, Rule of Law, Peace Building and reconciliation or Public Policy Analysis.
- Five or more years of prior professional work experience in international / NNGO development is required, preferably in the area of democracy and good governance.
- Fluency in both written and oral English is required. The incumbent must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all categories of GREDO employees across the country, Somali government officials; International Organizations, Donors, and Embassies; and the general public.
- Able to prepare concise/thorough documents and reports including but not limited to: concept papers; scopes of work; reports; budgets; a range of other project documents for Internal and external purposes; human interest stories; and correspondence, all of which must be done in a professional and competent manner requiring little or no editorial chances.
- Managerial and coordination skills; excellent interpersonal skills in various settings; good social and professional judgment
- Able to work under complex situations and maintain high-quality work output.
- The ability to work in teams, and applying good listening skills will be important to accomplishing the objectives of this position.
- A strong ability to analyze information, evaluate data and prepare reports and related documents in English.
- Candidates with good monitoring, evaluation, management and computer skills are preferred.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential to the effective performance of this job.
Applicants who are interested and qualified with the required experience are invited to submit their cover letter with curriculum vitae (CV) to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org by latest on
CV and application letter must include also please indicate the title of the position in the subject line. Applicants must provide at least three referees; two of them must be their current and previous supervisor.
Safeguarding our staff and communities is our priority.